Hello,
Are you using a server.cfg to store settings like rcon password and other server settings? If you have one, make sure the rcon password does match the one in config. After loading a new map, the config will be executed. If you change rcon password in console, it will revert back to "default" (empty) or it's using the password from the cfg if you load a new map.

Mikhail

On 10/12/2011 16:23, Brian wrote:

When I set a the rcon_password in console to use on my server, it seems to stop working after the first command, or some length of time.

Eg I do

|rcon_password password
rcon exec etf2l|

then play some... then when wanting to go the next map I try

|rcon changelevel cp_snakewater

... and it does nothing.

I have to do

|rcon_password password
rcon changelevel cp_snakewater|

to get it to work.

The weird thing is, the stored value of rcon_password is still correct, ie it shows "rcon_password password" as the tab-complete when I start reentering the command.

Is there like some kind of timeout as in |sudo| where you just have to enter your password again?