So put your server's RCON password in autoexec instead, is what Sebastian
is suggesting.

On Saturday, December 10, 2011, Sebastian Staudt <korak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> From users of my RCON library I know that setting rcon_password in the
server.cfg is sub-optimal. After a map change the server.cfg is reloaded
and will – although the password is not changed – reset any RCON
connections.
> Source uses TCP (and persistent connections) for RCON. It seems like
rcon_password will automatically reset all connected RCON clients.

> Am Samstag, 10. Dezember 2011 um 16:23 schrieb Brian:
>
> When I set a the rcon_password in console to use on my server, it seems
to stop working after the first command, or some length of time.

> Eg I do
>
> rcon_password password
> rcon exec etf2l
>
> then play some… then when wanting to go the next map I try
>
> rcon changelevel cp_snakewater
>
> … and it does nothing.
>
> I have to do
>
> rcon_password password
> rcon changelevel cp_snakewater
>
> to get it to work.
>
> The weird thing is, the stored value of rcon_password is still correct,
ie it shows “rcon_password password” as the tab-complete when I start
reentering the command.

> Is there like some kind of timeout as in sudo where you just have to
enter your password again?

Kind regards,
*Saul Rennison*