Is mani just for source or can 1.6 benefit from it as well?  Also
how do i find mani?

wArgOd wrote:
all true but the evidence in my logs suggest the higher level myg0ts
know this and get around it via other means.
but i do use mani and am grateful for the plugin.

alt 160? what about alt-255 and a zillion other unicode possibilities.
frankly i dislike the unicode name characters.
they gom up my logs and databases with unreadable junk and make it next
to impossible to figure out which is which when they all enter with
nearly identical name strings.

Chris Jones wrote:

Thanks for the data.  I've found another useful thing to do, if you run
Mani, is add to the autoban player name list "myg0t", "m?g0t" (where ?
is that unicode character that looks like a devil face.. hard to
describe :), and the ALT-0160 fake space (use for NOTHING but causing
trouble -- valve, please consider removing this).

Nips a lot of trouble-makers fun right in the bud.  I've also added
various racist terms (which we all know well, I'm sure) to the autoban
list.

I'm not sure how anyone runs a pub without Mani.  With spam protection,
autobans, cheat cvar detection, anti-TK functionality, and word
filtering, it makes me wonder why they don't just recruit him as a
contractor to fix this beta-quality engine.

Original message from wArgOd:

Now here is a little present for anyone that doesn't like myg0t....

How about a set of confirmed myg0t member's IP addresses?

And a bunch more ***tard myg0t downloaders too...

the records with an IP address are confirmed myg0t members based on data
in my logs.
the records without IP addys are ***tards that were using the
name-changer hax. (obsolete detection now thanks to VALVe's awsome
efforts)

http://www.theradianteye.com/myg0t_steamid.htm

oh yea baby, the logs don't lie and my log parser system is coming up to
speed.
When I release this thing it will spell [EMAIL PROTECTED]&*@ doom for myg0ts
(and
hackers) everywhere!

Enjoy! More to follow.

-- Chris

-- Computer Housecalls, Networks, Security, Web Design: http://www.emmanuelcomputerconsulting.com My "Foundation" verse: Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099
Machines: