Could everyone kindly stop spreading false information if you don't
know what you're talking about?

On some bios, you need to have the speedstep technology (which
turboboost is a part of) enabled to make use of turboboost. You can
enable speedstep in the bios, and the associated turbo features,
without making use of underclocking - which is a kernel/userland
configured utility. In linux, you'd simply make sure the cpufeq system
is loaded up with the performance governor (always 100%), or,
depending on your distro, passed off to the userland governer with the
userland tools set to performance mode. Your CPU will never underclock
itself.

This is separate from turbo mode, which overclocks active cores. It
can do this, basically, because the chip is designed to support the
heat from all cores at 100%. If some cores are not at 100%, the others
can be slightly overclocked as the excess heat wont overheat the chip.
(Its slightly more complicated than this, but thats the general idea)
I see no reason to have it disabled - though if your system is running
near 100% across the cores I don't think it'll see much use (I could
be wrong).