I have to agree on this remark made on our forums:

" ...I hope people spam support tickets just on sheer principle."

:D

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of ics
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 8:50 PM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Left 4 Dead update hit just now

  There is a known issue preventing Left 4 Dead 2 from launching. We are
aware of the issue and actively working on a fix. This will usually
appear as an "Incomplete Installation" error when attempting to launch
the game. If you are unable to launch L4D2, please wait patiently and
refrain from submitting Support Tickets regarding the issue.

This is what is posted on Steampowered forums and the server
installation seems to be ok. Affects everyone.

If i can say, please add more resources to bug testing instead of faulty
releases. These get on the nerves more than anything. Thanks.

-ics