I hate to say it, but the Steam Powered User Forums (SPUF) are full of
incompetence (I gave it another shot a couple months back, the same
silly replies ensued). Steam Tickets will also get you no where
quickly. If there was a more reliable way to have a meaningful
discussion regarding Steam (and hopefully SRCDS). I'm pretty sure we
would all use it. However, at this present time, there is not. I would
have done exactly what Tom did, would have I been wrong to? That's for
you to decide (of course it's off topic, and 'unrelated to Server
Administration'). Saying that this belongs on the Steam forums though
is preposterous. One employee mailed me off list, John asked on list
(both work on Steam, well, atleast they're in the Steam group). I've
sent both of them the exploit with instructions on how to use it.
Hopefully there's at least some sort of patch out for it soon (it has
been public knowledge for quite sometime now).

All is not lost in this *thread*, hopefully.
Kyle.