I thoutgh about that too... but monitoring the situation closely it appear to be cristal clear:

http://pastebin.com/asHm8GkW

I getting spikes of 50k packets in very short periods (<60seconds)

I'll try to monitor all my servers in HLSW seeing how much time they are going offline... btw... seeing the spikes were that big I think I can increase the limit a lot... maybe 25 :)