Well, ok, I do agree, that lowering the tickrate - was good desision.
And possibly, I'll be glad, in a fact, if they lock upper FPS to 500.
Why? Because there is no real difference between 500 and 1000FPS, but
server load is lower and fps more stable. And for now, provider will
not be able to survive, if it do not have 1000FPS servers to sell -
that is real headake.

L4D1/2 have 30FPS, and that is really comfortable.

Any way, Valve - we really need you comment about this.

--
С уважением
и пожеланием хорошего настроения,

Никита Булаев