Problems start with more than 22 players, Its pointless to use a full dedicated for just 1 server.
As a side note, I performed an experiment where I put two 24 player
quickplay servers up on a P4 with 2 gigs of RAM, and there was no
problems running it and the gameplay didn't have any noticeable
latency. So, food for thought.