> What problem are you experiencing exactly? The update for each game
> contains an updated steam.inf file. I'm not sure why you think it doesn't

steam.inf file is no longer present in tree after update.  Everything else
is there, and the first few loop-throughs of nemrun (auto-updater util
script) showed info from masters saying HLDS Installation is Up To Date
(the first run-through got the updated files).  ie, the update completed.

but because the steam.inf file is missing now, when the server starts back
up after the update, it still gets an out of date warning.  Well, nemrun
does, and thus it gets stuck in a loop of updates until a steam.inf file
comes along.

I suppose it is possible that MAYBE you could blame nemrun for eating the
updated steam.inf file, but I doubt it.  I've seen updates come out
without a steam.inf file before, even before I started using nemrun.

I will try a separate/safe tree I have off to the side and see if I can
manage to pick up the updated steam.inf file with it, then I can drop it
into the live gameservers tree if I am so lucky.

Thanks for the response