Follow-up to the issue below.

I was doing some testing tonight and noticed that where previously it took awhile before a server would crash on 'quit', even a freshly started 100% vanilla (no mods) TF2 server now always reliably crashes on 'quit'.

So, just to say the same thing twice and for clarity:

Previously, a freshly started server would not crash on quit unless it had been up and running for a few hours. Now, even a freshly started TF2 server always crashes on 'quit'.

I can't say when this changed. It might have been on the Pyromania update or it could have been before. I just happened to notice today.

Note that my experience is limited to the unix binary on a single host.

Jesse Molina wrote:

I am guessing you are new at this.

This has been normal for at least a year and a half, maybe two years.  I
don't recall when it first started happening but it was obvious when it
did.

For most people I know, this happens every time they exit the TF2 game
client.

But, it also happens to the server if and only if it has been active for
awhile (let's say 3 hours of active use).  My experience is that if you
tell a freshly started server to quit, it won't crash, but one that has
been up for a few hours will always crash.

It is normal. Ignore it.

Invalid Protocol wrote:
I have a TF2 server (Linux 32 bits), without metamod, sourcemod or any
other
changes. Since last update a crash occurs during shutdown (for example
when
quit command is used from console).  Same thing happens with public
servers
too. I'm the only one with this problem?

# Jesse Molina
# Mail = je...@opendreams.net
# Cell = 1-602-323-7608