I completely agree. You're not the only one, there's many
complaints/objections over this, but Valve probably will put deaf ears on
them (this is normally what has happened in the past with other changes
they implemented). I'd be surprised if many QP run communities remain open
now, they might change map to a non-QP one, the game they host, or just
close and give up. Perhaps this is Valve's intention, to rid of QP reliant
community servers and run them by themselves.