On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 1:40 AM, Ook <ooksser...@zootal.com> wrote:
> So is L4D1 also at end of life?

I hate to say "yes" to this but I think it's a safe bet. Even though
Valve have never officially declared Left 4 Dead end of life, I think
the statement of moving all of it's content to L4D2 and updating that
regularly (including Linux suppose) speaks volumes. I can't remember
the last time I've seen a L4D1 client update, so I guess if you'd like
to host a server any recent copy of the Left 4 Dead Dedicated Server
from the hldsupdate tool would still work.

--
Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
  - Floyd Dell