I never did.  All MOTD's and stuff were in English.  I did see players
chatting back-and-forth in their native languages.  However,
apparently most also spoke English.  Perhaps TF2 players are more
likely to be bi-lingual that the typical population in that region?
Not sure the "why", but I never really had any communication issues.

The only "localization" I did, was play some different music tracks or
other sounds that I did on my North America server.  Some Canto-Pop,
or K-POP, etc.