If you hold someone's hand from the start and never let go, they're never
going to grow up. In this case, people are conditioned to click the giant
"PLAY MULTIPLAYER" button and click "PLAY NOW". Many players never click
the server browser button, and of those who do, many take one look at it,
get overwhelmed, and go back to Quickplay.

The server browser is not difficult to use, but the player is trained to
"take the easy way out" and just click on the Quickplay button.

The people who were playing TF2 for years before Quickplay were forced to
use the server browser. They didn't have an option to give up and get
dumped into a random Valve server with 23 other noobs and an average of
tickrate of 45.

>This idea of "community" is nonsense.

Right, because no player in the history of online gaming has formed online
friendships with people who frequent a particular server. No server chain
in the history of online gaming has ever run a forum where players can
discuss things outside of the game. Everyone who runs a server is purely in
it for the profit. Maybe Valve should just remove the ability for people to
host their own servers. Then every game's nonexistent "community" can be as
friendly and understanding as that of Dota 2 or League of Legends.

>It's no more difficult to find a server now than it was the day the game
was released.

Yes, it is. Players are encouraged to use Quickplay since its button is
gigantic and reads "PLAY MULTIPLAYER". The server browser button, on the
other hand, is much smaller and is simply labeled "Servers".

Tell me this, why are you just a contrarian? You absolutely always have to
contradict everything.

Dr. McKay
www.doctormckay.com