Mailing lists are most likely outdated forms of contact, but I see them as a good source of contact on the behalf of the fact valve gets to see them too and its formality.

For hibernation, It's curious on what is happening. Make sure you have your server OS not automatically disable the process when it lacks usage over a few hours. Try adding bots too, it might have an effect on how long the server lasts. If you know how to, also make it have a timer for automatic map changing, so it's always "updating" once in a while. Sorry for not being able to tell you the exact convars, I usually don't notice hibernation, plus I do not run a hldms server. Also, sorry for late reply. I didn't think I'd be the only one answering.