Hi Txinto;

Here are a few odds and sods that might point in the right direction.

If you're using Passenger, you might have to do this in the virtual host
configuration file for Apache:

  PassengerRuby /opt/rubies/ruby-1.9.3-p551/bin/ruby

  PassengerFriendlyErrorPages on

  RailsEnv staging

  # RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT is critical to getting Rails and Hobo to
generate the proper

  # URLs for links as well as internal routing for Hobo's Controller

  # and seems to be required along with the internal configuration

  # of

  #   config.action_controller.relative_url_root = '/app/lts-test'

  # and

  #   config.assets.prefix = "/app/lts-test"

  # within production.rb

  #
http://guides.rubyonrails.org/configuring.html#deploy-to-a-subdirectory-relative-url-root

  SetEnv RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT "/app/lts-test"

For this example, I have an app named "lts"  hosted at at
https://www.server.com/app/lts-test with
the path "/app/lts-test" on server.com being proxyied to a port on the
application hosting server.  The proxying is also passing the
"/app/lts-test" path through to our app so, Rails has to understand that
the path "/app/lts-test" actually
represents the app.

So, you might also have to tinker with config.ru in your application and
include this:

    map '/app/lts-test' do
      run LTS::Application
    end