C CC wrote:
> There is a treatment called Annealing.  Does it affect the perfomance
> of mouthpiece much?

I was skeptical of the procedure at first. As I wrote on the list a few
days ago, I tried the same model of mouthpiece non-annealed and
annealed. I noticed a subtle difference in the resultant tone quality
between the two mouthpieces. I liked the annealed mouthpiece better. I
don't know if everyone would like it better. I did not like the "heavy
weight" version of the mouthpiece, even though I know so many people who
rave about the heavy mouthpieces.

If you have the opportunity to try a single mouthpiece model in
different configurations--annealed, non-annealed, different weights,
etc.--I advice you to do it. While the scientific principles that go
into the hocus-pocus might make the differences seem negligible, the
only thing that matters is THE SOUND. Play whatever mouthpiece makes it
easiest to sound the way you want.

Greg