Hi all,

I found a question in hplip-help archives about translation of the
toolbox UI, but the answer never came - apparently.
Is there any basic locale support in the HP Toolbox ?

I would be ready to contribute for a french translation, but as far I
saw in the source code of the UI, it is not only a translation matter.
Indeed, the strings and labels are apparently not grouped into one
single file, so I guess the answer to my question above is NO.

The following question is thus: how can I do ?
I confess I know nothing of Python but there must be a way to define
global string variables and use these variables into the UI *.py files.

I have not much time for digging into Python but if some of you
developers could help me for the first string, then I could do the
boring job for all others (I mean moving the string into the global file
and replacing it by the variable name).
And after that, what about the *.ui ?

Philippe
PS: I am no subscriber to the list. Please CC me your answers.