I seem to have successfully installed a psc 1350 (well that's what I bought,
but it resolutely identifies itself as a 1300 electronically) on FREEBSD
6.2-RELEASE-p7 running on a debranded presario desktop.

This cost me ulpt? and umass? both of which will grab the printer before
ugen if they are loaded (however, umass can be loaded afterwards provided
the printer stays attached).

I am wondering if it is possible to do command-line printing with this
setup.  In particular command line applications such as lynx, slrn, etc.
which formerly could work with commands like:

lpr -o <various quality and color options> %s

where the application plugs in the file name for %s

no longer seem to work, and lpr directly from the command line seems lost.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html