Hello,

    I run Fedora 6.  I hap hplip-2.7.10 installed. My printer is a HP
Officejet 4215. It prints, copies, faxes and scan.  I dual boot my PC/
When I go to Windows XP2,
the scan function works.    When I run hp-toolbox, the scan function is
missing.
I ran hp-check -t.  Below is the output

[EMAIL PROTECTED] robertwessling]# hp-check -t

HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 2.7.10)
Dependency/Version Check Utility ver. 12.0

Copyright (c) 2001-7 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

Saving output in log file: hp-check.log

Initializing. Please wait...

---------------
| SYSTEM INFO |
---------------

Basic system information:
Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.22.9-61.fc6 #1 SMP Thu Sep 27 17:45:57
EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

HPOJ running?
No, HPOJ is not running (OK).

Checking Python version...
OK, version 2.4.4 installed

Checking PyQt version...
OK, version 3.17 installed.

Checking SIP version...
OK, Version 4.5 installed

Checking for CUPS...
Version: 1.2.12

Checking for Reportlab...
warning: Version < 2.0 (1.2). HPLIP fax coverpages requires Reportlab 2.0+.

----------------
| DEPENDENCIES |
----------------

Checking for dependency: cups - Common Unix Printing System...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: cups-devel- Common Unix Printing System
development files...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: gcc - GNU Project C and C++ Compiler...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: GhostScript - PostScript and PDF language
interpreter and previewer...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: libcrypto - OpenSSL cryptographic library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: libjpeg - JPEG library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: libnetsnmp-devel - SNMP networking library
development files...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: libpthread - POSIX threads library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: libtool - Library building support services...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: libusb - USB library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: make - GNU make utility to maintain groups of
programs...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: PIL - Python Imaging Library (required for
commandline scanning with hp-scan)...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: ppdev - Parallel port support kernel module....
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: PyQt - Qt interface for Python...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: python-devel - Python development files...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: Python 2.3 or greater - Required for fax
functionality...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: Python 2.2 or greater - Python programming
language...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: Reportlab - PDF library for Python...
warning: NOT FOUND! This is an OPTIONAL dependency. Some HPLIP
functionality may not function properly.
To install this dependency, execute this command:
su -c "yum -y -d 10 -e 1 install python-reportlab"

Checking for dependency: SANE - Scanning library...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: SANE - Scanning library development files...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: scanimage - Shell scanning program...
OK, found.

Checking for dependency: xsane - Graphical scanner frontend for SANE...
OK, found.

----------------------
| HPLIP INSTALLATION |
----------------------

Currently installed HPLIP version...
HPLIP 2.7.10 currently installed in '/usr/share/hplip'.

Current contents of '/etc/hp/hplip.conf' file:
# hplip.conf.  Generated from hplip.conf.in by configure.

[hpssd]
# Note: hpssd does not support dynamic ports
# Port 2207 is the IANA assigned port for hpssd
port=2207

[hplip]
version=2.7.10

[dirs]
home=/usr/share/hplip
run=/var/run
ppd=/usr/share/ppd/HP
ppdbase=/usr/share/ppd
doc=/usr/share/doc/hplip-2.7.10
icon=/usr/share/applications
cupsbackend=/usr/lib/cups/backend
foomatic=/usr/share/foomatic

# Following values are determined at configure time and cannot be changed.
[configure]
network-build=no
pp-build=no
gui-build=yes
scanner-build=no
fax-build=yes
cups11-build=no
doc-build=yes
shadow-build=no
foomatic-xml-install=yes
foomatic-ppd-install=no
internal-tag=2.7.10.11

----------------------
| INSTALLED PRINTERS |
----------------------

officejet_4200
--------------
Type: Printer
Installed in HPLIP?: Yes, using the hp: CUPS backend.
Device URI: hp:/usb/officejet_4200_series?serial=CN4C2FH1DV
PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/officejet_4200.ppd
PPD Description: HP OfficeJet 4200 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
Printer status: printer officejet_4200 is idle.  enabled since Tue 23
Oct 2007 09:53:56 AM EDT
officejet_4200_fax
------------------
Type: Fax
Installed in HPLIP?: Yes, using the hpfax: CUPS backend.
Device URI: hpfax:/usb/officejet_4200_series?serial=CN4C2FH1DV
PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/officejet_4200_fax.ppd
PPD Description: HP Fax
Printer status: printer officejet_4200_fax is idle.  enabled since Mon
22 Oct 2007 12:22:27 PM EDT
officejet_4200_series
---------------------
Type: Printer
Installed in HPLIP?: Yes, using the hp: CUPS backend.
Device URI: hp:/usb/officejet_4200_series?serial=CN4C2FH1DV
PPD: /etc/cups/ppd/officejet_4200_series.ppd
PPD Description: HP OfficeJet 4200 Foomatic/hpijs (recommended)
Printer status: printer officejet_4200_series is idle.  enabled since
Wed 24 Oct 2007 10:08:31 AM EDT

---------------------
| PYTHON EXTENSIONS |
---------------------

Checking 'cupsext' CUPS extension...
OK, found.

Checking 'pcardext' Photocard extension...
OK, found.

Checking 'hpmudext' I/O extension...
OK, found.

-----------------
| USB I/O SETUP |
-----------------

-----------
| SUMMARY |
-----------

error: 2 errors and/or warnings.

Summary of needed commands to run to satisfy missing dependencies:
su -c "yum -y -d 10 -e 1 install python-reportlab"

Please refer to the installation instructions at:
http://hplip.sourceforge.net/install/index.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED] robertwessling]# su -c "yum -y -d 10 -e 1 install
python-reportlab"
Running "config" handler for "installonlyn" plugin
Yum Version: 3.0.6
COMMAND: yum -d 10 -e 1
Installroot: /
Ext Commands:

   python-reportlab
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
Setting up Package Sacks
Reading Local RPMDB
Parsing package install arguments
Package python-reportlab - 1.21.1-1.fc6.noarch is already installed,
skipping
Nothing to do
[EMAIL PROTECTED] robertwessling]#

As you can see, I ram yum and it says there is nothing to do.

    I guess I will try to find out how to remove and install the tools
that is causing the error.  But I would appreciate any advice you can
give me.

    Bob