Or perhaps, if I understand correctly, setting description_factor to 0
and reindexing would be the way to avoid this.  If you point htdig to
a directory that doesn't contain an index.html or equivalent file, and
the web server automatically generates the directory index, then the file
names will be used as link description text for the links to those files.
If that's what is happening here, then you want to tell htdig not to
put any weight on the words appearing in link description text, as above.

According to Peterman, Timothy P:
> I think setting "title_factor" to 0 in the config file will do that.
> You'll probably need to reindex for that change to take effect.
>
> Loys Masquelier wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a problem in indexing a file hierarchy. Htdig by default indexes
> > all the names of all the files. When I search for a word, if that word
> > is found in a file name, htsearch return the file path. But I only want
> > files which contain the given word.
> >
> > Is there a way to avoid that file name indexing ?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Best regards.
> >
> > Loys.
>
> --
> Tim Peterman - Web Master,
> IT&P Unix Support Group Technical Lead
> Lockheed Martin EIS/NE&SS, Moorestown, NJ

Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>