Torsten Neuer wrote:
> > Is there a way to exclude a section on an HTML-page from
> > indexing? Thats because navigational elements often produce hits
> > when the content doesn't match much. (Frames are not an option!)
> There is a way.  Please see the Ht://Dig documentation:
>         http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#noindex_start

Thanx, this will most probably help :-)

> > Is there a way to sort the output by category?
> Basically, you can sort the output by score, time and title.
> If you structure your Web-Site in a way that you can automagically
> use the document titles for categories, that's the way it goes...
> For more information, please see:
>         http://www.htdig.org/attrs.html#sort

This does not help. I'm thinking about self-defined categories,
maybe defined by some Meta-tag or meta-keywords.
Doc-titles might be out of question, but I'll check it.

Any more ideas?

> > Is there a possibility to index Shockwave Flash files?
> This is a bit harder.  I searched the web for an existing parser but
> only
> found some more-or-less useful docs and one generic parser.
>
> This generic parser (see attachment) can easily be used within a wrapper
> script to at least extract links from a flash menu, which in my opinion
> is
> the most requested feature.

Thanx for this one, but I'll need a bit more time to check it.
Anway, extracting links is not enough, i think. keywords or full text
are needed.

(and another:)
thanks!
--