Theoretically, Flash is supposed to put links and text into the HTML
file if you check those options.  Unfortunately, it sticks them in
comment fields.  I've had inconsistent behavior with getting it to do
even that!

Macromedia did publish a Flash file access API or something, but it's
not open source as far as I know.

I'm working on a report on indexing Flash, so if anyone has a
text-heavy example, I'd love to see it!

Avi