Interesting.  Thanks for the clarification about your process..

Question:  Your message below points to an error on page 26613.  Your

>WordDB: CDB___memp_cmpr_read: unable to uncompress page at pgno = 33

Is the error a moving target? ;-)

I checked out the code in mp_cmpr.c around the error output (line 289)

Basically I'm trying to figure out if you are getting page overflow or
not..

Is there something you can tell us about the type of data you are
indexing?  Are they big pages with lots of repetitive information.. giving
htdig many similar keys which hash/sort to the same pages?

Please recompile just mp_cmpr.c with "gcc -DDEBUG_CMPR [etc]" and rerun
htdig & htdump.  You could do this quickly by hand via cut-paste and then
link everything with make.

If you could post the output to a webserver somewhere I'd like to look at it.

At that point I'll check it out and get you a replacement mp_cmpr.c to try
to get more information about the page in question...

Thanks!

On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Lachlan Andrew wrote:

> An error occurs during an  htdump  straight after  htdig.  However, I
> haven't yet got it to occur *within* htdig.
>
> Interestingly, the error first reported by  htdump  is similar to the
> one I last reported,
>
>   WordDB: CDB___memp_cmpr_read: unable to uncompress page at pgno = 23
>   WordDB: PANIC: Input/output error
>   WordDBCursor::Get(17) failed DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
> database recovery
>
> but the one by  htpurge  (and subsequent  htdumps)  is
>
>   WordDB: CDB___memp_cmpr_read: unexpected compression flag value 0x8
> at pgno = 26613
>   WordDB: PANIC: Successful return: 0
>   WordDBCursor::Get(17) failed DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run
> database recovery
>
> I'll keep looking...
>
> On Friday 14 February 2003 05:05, Neal Richter wrote:
> > Please attempt to reproduce the error using ONLY htdig next.
> >
> > If the error is still present, the the error is in htdig.  If the
> > error is not present then the bug is happening during htpurge.

Neal Richter
Knowledgebase Developer
RightNow Technologies, Inc.
Customer Service for Every Web Site