Thanks for input. I think I worked things out over the weekend. Did a search
for for wordlist_cache_dirty_level and found it in htcommon/defaults.cc. It
appears to be set to '1000', I changed that to 40 and all went very well!

So I don't know if the need to go from 1000->40 is due to some wrinkle in
our web site or because we are running it on an 64bit Itanium rather than
the 32 bit system linux usually appears on. But either way it works. Maybe
this needs to be a config parameter ?

If you have any specific tests you would like me to run, I'll do so and you
can add RedHat AdvancedServer on Itanium II to your supported platforms. We
are quite happy to undertake tests as requested or before a release.

Thanks for your help.

David Bannon                       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone 61 03 9925 4733              Fax 61 03 9925 4647
Mobile 0418 525687                 http://www.vpac.org
Systems Manager, Victorian Partnership for Advanced Computing
..... Humpty Dumpty was pushed !