On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 08:07 +0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Yes, it does fix the problem. Thanks for the help. I remember reading that we
> need to consume the entire response body (error or no error) so that
> connection can be used (on the Sun side). It is confirmed here.
>
> As far the second question about why HttpCore than HttpClient 3.1; I guess it
> is about the confusion and lack of clarity (Jakarta side does not help much
> too) - I am unaware which is the latest project which will be maintained in
> future. My impression is it is HttpCore. I may be wrong here. While I was
> waiting for a clue on HttpCore issue, I got things tested on HttpClient 3.1
> too. I can use any of these two as advised. Socket reuse is my goal (since
> our application talks to lot of network devices).
>
> Once again thanks for the help.

HttpCore and HttpClient are not mutually exclusive. As of next major
version (4.0) HttpClient will be using HttpCore as its HTTP transport
engine. HttpCore API is still expected to change a lot. The next ALPHA
release will be API incompatible with 4.0-ALPHA2. So, for the time being
you may want to stick to HttpClient 3.x, unless you really want to stay
on the cutting edge and help us shape the HttpCore API.

Cheers

Oleg