There are far more than 2 of you. Google "sandaura" and find a blog of
hundreds who have been dealing with this issue for years. Tinnitus is the
diagnosis they throw at any hearing related issue that defies explanation.
I've had 3 hearing tests and an MRI just so I can say that to people who
immediately ask if I've had a hearing test. But it does make me wish I
could decipher why I hear it and others do not (anatomically or
biologically. Or, as you suggested, being away from the home environment
seems to make is less overbearing for a week or two. Why has it manifested
in different regions of the world in sequence. The Taos hum occurred in the
mid 90's, Kokomo hum mid 2000's, Bristol hum? August 2011 SE Ohio. I know
people are doing maps of where they hear it, I would like to see a graph of
when. And then cross reference that to changes in Local television going to
digital; Cell servers going to 4-g where you are in contact with multiple
towers (hearsay); Smart grid technology, on it's own as a diagnostic for
the power companies separate of the effects of 'Smart meters' on electric,
gas, and water utilities, all adding to the RF saturation. (Don't forget
Dirty Electricity (voltage transients from all the SMP devices we all just
had to have to save money on our electric bills). (That very last part was
a joke. I think we all know we are not going to save money on our electric
bills and we have to pay to keep our analog meters that have a 50 plus year
life span, for a smart meter (aka cell phone in the sun) with a projected
life span of 5 years that we will also be glad to pay to have replaced when
we get our third $546,000.00 usage bill.
francis connell