Hey!

Journeyman wrote:
> Playlists:
> - is it be a feature planned for 0.9.4
> - what is the purpose of a playlist

Playlists are intended for live use..
For instance if i wanna play some songs on a gig with hydrogen in my back,
i put all those songs in a playlist and i can switch between them via midi.

> - what is the purpose of a bash script to exec the playlist

Maybe you want to fire up programs like zynaddsubfx on the start of a
song. Or kill an application..

> Sound libraries (drumkit) importing:
> - is it be a feature planned for 0.9.4

Yes, allmost everything in the svn should stay for the release.  We're
not planning to remove anything at the moment (maybe tap-tempo :) ).
> Single and stacked pattern mode:
> - is it be a feature planned for 0.9.4
> - how does it work

I think the words "single" and "stacked" mode are not final, maybe we
change them.. It was just a proposal.
"Single mode" (default): You can hear only the selected pattern (the one
you see in the editor)

"Stacked mode": All selected patterns (with the small triangular next to
them) will be played

> Patten editor, beat properties:
> - "velocity" actually tunes "hardness" of the beat: change name
> - what is "lead and lag"

I'm gonna cite Scott Bahling here, who wrote this very nice feature
(Thanks, Scott!!):

"I call the feature Lead and Lag. It is a per note
property like velocity or pan that allows you to set that the note leads
or lags the actual beat by a small amount The range is ± 5 ticks which
equals around ± 10 ms at a tempo of 120bpm. The control widget itself
works just like pan control in the pattern editor, and is found in the
note properties selector below Velocity and Pan.

I have found this to be a really nice feature. You can change the feel
of a beat quite drastically by adjusting key notes by a small amount.
For a basic rock beat I typically set the 2 and 4 ahead or behind the
beat depending on the feel that I am looking for. The real fun starts
when you use the feature in creative ways. You can make some pretty
wacky beats by adjusting the timing of some of the beats with extreme
values. I also used it when simulating a drum roll. I programmed a
series of 32 or 64th notes and created a sin wave pattern in the
Lead /Lag control. The gap between the notes slowly fluctuates back and
forth and adds a bit of that swirling sound."