Yes, you were the first respondent. I should have made it an offline request
*and* the actual define policy JCL!  :-)

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:ibm-m...@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Vernooij, CP - SPLXM
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 10:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: CFRM Structure Names

Did I get the VB?

We don't have any structures system managed duplexed because of the
distance between de CF's in both our data centers.

Kees.

"Richards, Robert B." <robert.richa...@opm.gov> wrote in message
> Mark,
>
> Thanks for the pointers. So far, my best source is the reason I am
documenting them now: the paper called "System-Managed CF Structure
Duplexing". I am in the process of identifying what should/should not be
duplexed and thought I would produce a document of those decisions. Most
structures are obvious but, again, I was looking to save myself some
work if others have already produced it.

> As an alternative, anyone care to send me their policy defs so I can
compare what I think should be duplexed and what you already KNOW should
and have it working?

> Virtual beer to the first respondent. :-)
>
> Bob

Behalf Of Mark Zelden
> Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 9:31 AM
> To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
> Subject: Re: CFRM Structure Names
>
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 08:53:38 -0400, Richards, Robert B.
> <robert.richa...@opm.gov> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone have a comprehensive list of structure names and who uses
them?

> >I am attempting to improve documentation and didn't want to reinvent
the
> wheel if someone has already produced a list of most of them and their
> definitions.
> >

> The names are user defined and are pointed to by the exploiter via
> parms.   XCF signaling structures must start with IXC, but I can't
think
> of other structures that have a similar requirement off the top of my
> head.
>
> Logstreams are another story, many of them have required names
> (OPERLOG, LOGREC, RRS for example), but I don't have a list for
> those either.  Others like Health Checker are user defined and you
> tell the exploiter what name to use.
>
> For IBM exploiters perhaps the CFSIZER  web site can at least tell you

> who uses them.
>
> http://www-947.ibm.com/systems/support/z/cfsizer/
>

> Mark
> --
> Mark Zelden - Zelden Consulting Services - z/OS, OS/390 and MVS
> mailto:mzel...@flash.net
> Mark's MVS Utilities: http://home.flash.net/~mzelden/mvsutil.html
> Systems Programming expert at
http://expertanswercenter.techtarget.com/