http://ibmmainframes.com/about5373.html discusses MVS internal attack
testing and no actual attacks.  Some damage from trusted users
misusing commands.

http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/cs/Literature/Features/report.pdf
Bottom of page 20 section 2.3.5

Of course, mainframe communications are subject to being monitored by
spyware in network connections (TJMAX).

I know we run McAffee virus checkers on Netware servers to find
emailed viruses in attachments for Windows.  Would not be suprised to
find this use on z/Linux or z/Notes, etc in products that handle
email.

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-390@vm.marist.edu/msg58573.html
z/Linux ClamAV and compile from source.  Suggestion is all
communication go through one z/Linux server running this.

http://linuxvm.org/present/SHARE111/S9249ea.pdf
Share presentation of testing Linux on z/VM including secuity tools on
page 12 foil 26.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 12:27 PM, Jim Marshall <jim.marsh...@opm.gov> wrote:
> Auditors came around and wrote up our z/OS V1R10 Sysplex for not running a
> Virus Checker.  Anyone has a constructive solution as to one being available
> or
> some verbage which defends the position.
>
> Been hunting around for a Virus Checker for zLinux.  Also interested in what
> kind of over head it might use.
>
> thanks  jim

Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA