For one migration I did, we used EMC SRDF to copy to another local set
of boxes.  On move day, the drives were removed and flown to the
new location and put in empty frames.     So no dump/restore.   It was
cheaper than replicating all the data across a network link with the
bandwidth needed, and I don't think the time frame the move was done
in would have allowed that circuit to have been installed anyway.

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com