So I got lucky in my guessing this time.  :-)

Thanks, John.

Rex

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
John Eells
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2011 1:49 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Meet IBM's new $75,000 mainframe

Pommier, Rex R. wrote:
> This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway.
>
> I noticed in the announcement letter that there is a feature code 3400,
> "0-way processor  A00".  Is this simply a placeholder for customers wanting
> to buy the box strictly to run Linux (IFLs) on it?  Otherwise, what would be
> the purpose of buying a mainframe without any processors?
<snip>

I ran into one of the hardware team in the hallway, and she confirmed
that this feature code is intended for those ordering IFL- and CF-only
machines.

--
John Eells
z/OS Technical Marketing

The information contained in this e-mail may contain confidential and/or
privileged information and is intended for the sole use of the intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited and that you will be held responsible for any such
unauthorized activity, including liability for any resulting damages. As
appropriate, such incident(s) may also be reported to law enforcement. If you
received this e-mail in error, please reply to sender and destroy or delete the
message and any attachments. Thank you.