>Question  What if there is a CPU switch in the routine
>being protected by the FRR

As Binyamin wrote, FRRs are processor-related.  There is a stack.  The
obvious inference is that if a work unit is undispatched the stack must be
saved. It is.
When the work unit is redispatched, whether on the same or a different
processor, the stack must be restored. It is.

>Question I thought PC routines are protected by a ARR

PC routines entered in task mode with no locks held and enabled for I/O
and external interrupts *may* be protected by an ARR. ARRs protect only PC
routines. Those two statements do not imply that PC routines *are*
protected by an ARR or that they cannot be protected by some other kind of
recovery routine (including ESTAEX or IEAARR, both of which are
ESTAE-type)..

>if EUT FRR are per TASK how does the Z/OS know they are
>the secondary since all FRR's are Created by SETFRR

Each work unit has an FRR stack.  A work unit runs on one processor at a
time. As discussed earlier, upon dispatch the work unit's FRR stack is
moved to processor-related storage. Upon undispatch the work unit's FRR
stack is copied from that storage to work unit-related storage.

>there are TCB flags that indicate their presence.

No there are not. But there is a pointer in the TCB to the area that
contains the saved FRR stack for the task. Similarly, there is a pointer
associated with an SRB to the area that contains the saved FRR stack for
the SRB.

Peter Relson
z/OS Core Technology Design