From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
Steve Comstock
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2011 9:38 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Need reviewers for new paper: Setting Up the IBM HTTP Server

For years I've suggested to folks they should try the free (well,
included-in-the-price) HTTP server that comes with z/OS.

Several people have replied that would love some training in tailoring z/OS
UNIX and in setting up the HTTP server.

But those are systems programmer courses and my focus has always been on the
applications side of things.

Finally I've decided to write a paper, a semi-cookbook if you will, on getting
the HTTP server up and running quickly.

So I've produced a 38-page paper on exactly this. But I would like some of you
systems types to have a look and see if it is clear and accurate and if there
are better ways to do things and so on, before I publish the doc on my website.

If you'd be interested in reading / critiquing this paper, drop me a line
off-list and I'll send you a copy. If you have suggestions that I incorporate
I'll include your name on the acknowledgements page.

Thanks.

--

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-393-8716
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* Special promotion: 15% off on all DB2 training classes
     scheduled by September 1, taught by year end 2011

* Check out our entire DB2 curriculum at:
     http://www.trainersfriend.com/DB2_and_VSAM_courses/DB2curric.htm

lists...@bama.ua.edu with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the archives at
http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html