More correct actions for something like this:

Look in the install/ongoing support sections of the documentation, find where
it says you should run TMSCOPY on a regular basis and schedule such a job :)
Make sure you do the other regular maintenance to the TMS that are documented
in the same section of the manuals.

Add automation to act on the IEFTM99 message with an alert and a special run of
the TMSCOPY job.

If this was an out of the ordinary, greater than usual amount of tape activity,
find out what happened and be sure it was valid,

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University