Hi Alan,

It is possible that looking at the source code of some programs I wrote recently to allow 3,000 character parameter fields, and to create control cars with Symbolic Parameters inserted might be of interest.

The LONGPARM program uses the same ATTACH that the next generation of JCL language (Jol) uses. It might be of some assistance to you - similar code was used for some decades without a problem.

It's on the CBT Tape number 839.

***FILE 839 is from Clement Clarke and contains programs to
*           allow for long PARM fields and symbolic parameter
*           substitution in card image format control cards.

Cheers,

Clem Clarke

Starr, Alan wrote:
Hi List,

The subject of an APF-authorized program invoking a program that runs
non-APF-authorized has been discussed many times here. The admonishment not to
turn JSCBAUTH on, after having turned it off, has been repeated many times.

I wonder how the initiator manages to invoke PGM=apfpgm (APF-authorized) and
then PGM=nonapf (not APF-authorized) for a subsequent step or job. Does it, for
example, turn on JSCBAUTH in the ATTACHed program's (job step) JSCB? Does
anybody know the sequence of events and/or what the ATTACH(X) invocations look
like?

Cheers,
Alan