Hi listers,

This morning I encountered with a DFSMSdss mistery, and is next:

I delete files in a batch process through ADDRSU utility, the syntax
follows:

//CLEANUP0 EXEC PGM=ADRDSSU
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//OUTDD    DD DUMMY
//SYSIN    DD *
  DUMP DATASET(INCLUDE(HLQ.Q1.Q2.Q3.**)) -
       CANCELERROR -
       DELETE PURGE -
       OUTDDNAME(OUTDD) -
       WAIT(0,0)
/*

I have catalogued one file that matches with this mask:

HLQ.Q1.Q2.Q3.Q4

And step fails with the next message:

ADR416E (001)-DTDSC(01), DATA SET MV6X.QTTOOL.BAT1WORK.BACKUP.UNLOAD IN
CATALOG SYS1MAA.CATALOG.MV6X WAS NOT DELETED, 3

Reason code 3 of message ADR416E says:

The data set was not enqueued by DFSMSdss. The enqueue could be held by the
initiator.

And I don't have any idea and IBM don't helps much:

Application Programmer Response:
Delete the data set by other means.

Well, till this moment was a logically undefined problem, now i change my
case and create a file like:

 HLQ.Q1.Q2.Q3.Q4.Q5

And execute my DELETE PURGE through ADDRSU like this:

 //CLEANUP0 EXEC PGM=ADRDSSU
//SYSPRINT DD SYSOUT=*
//OUTDD    DD DUMMY
//SYSIN    DD *
  DUMP DATASET(INCLUDE(HLQ.Q1.Q2.Q3.Q4.**)) -
       CANCELERROR -
       DELETE PURGE -
       OUTDDNAME(OUTDD) -
       WAIT(0,0)
/*

And the results are.....

PROCSTEP    RC
CLEANUP0    00

And the file is deleted.

Notes:
The system is z/OS V1R10 so I cannot use DELETE MASK with IDCAMS
HLQ is equivalent to only one qualifier.

Any ideas / experiences?

Thaks in advance.

--
Un saludo.