In <9616460194674244.wa.juergen.kellerdeutscheboerse....@bama.ua.edu>,
on 11/10/2011
   at 07:23 AM, Juergen Keller <juergen.kel...@deutsche-boerse.com>
said:

>I wonder what the TERMINAL-command is for.

It saves the information for use by VTIOC and applications.

>When I change SCRSIZE I can see that something changes but not for
>the application issuing some TPUTs

It's the responsibility of the application to query the screen size
before doing full-screen I/O. If the application only uses line mode
then VTIOC will handle the screen geometry automatically.

>(I think that are TPUTs).

TPUT is certainly the most common interface to VTIOC.

>I traced the data send to the screen and there where only the
>typical 2-byte-fields giving the position.

Yes, and the application needs the screen width in order to convert
row/column to buffer address.

>Yes we can change the application program but its a very old one and
>I think noone will do that.

Then run it in an 80-wide screen.