Robert:

I used to have a vendor that would send out zaps almost weekly and IDR space was at a premium on the vendors modules. We dropped the vendor so I don't know how they did resolve the constant zap issue. I can't remember of ever having the issue with IBM as they send out module replacement (thanks!) I feel its important to maintain the IDR to find out what level the module is at. With the vendor I spoke of it was somewhat of an issue at times. That is why I am a strong supporter of module replacement and zaps are for emergency fixes only.

Ed