On 23 Apr 2012 10:21:03 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main you wrote:

>Gord,
>
>Not quite.

If IBM had implemented the EXIT enhancements in the 2002 standard we
would have available

EXIT PERFORM (for inline PERFORMs which are like DO loops)
EXIT PERFORM CYCLE which allows iteration without having to do
                   unnatural things in the code
EXIT PARAGRAPH
EXIT SECTION.

I know I could have used them.  Unfortunately many companies seem
stuck on coding standards last updated for COBOL VS.

Clark Morris