YES enough said!!!

From: Bill Ashton <bill00ash...@gmail.com>
Sender: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 08:30:11
To: <IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu>
Subject: Re: 24/7/365 appropriateness was Re: IBMLink outages in 2012

In actuality, isn't 24x7 comprehensive enough?

The 24 infers that the availability is round the clock, as opposed to most
operating schedules that embrace a single day shift of 8 hours (banker's
hours), or a day of 14 or 16 hours.
The 7 infers that availability is every day of the week, as opposed to only
5 days or 6 days as posited by many businesses.

Beyond these, there is no de rigueur schedule of weeks within a year, or
even days within a year that is consistently embraced across all cutures
and peoples. Consequently, there is no need to stress availability for 52
or 52.(fraction) weeks and no need to stress 365 day availability. Neither
of these adds clarity beyond what 24x7 or 24/7 or whatever representation
you give to "every hour, every day."

Billy

--
Thank you and best regards,