From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Hal Merritt
Sent: Tuesday, April 25, 2006 12:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Adding LPARs without POR

Did I read somewhere that z/os 1.7 or perhaps one of the new boxes
support adding LPAR's without a POR?

The business mission is a kilo boat load of Linux images, not real z/os
images.  My knee jerk plan is to shrink a z/os image, and redistribute
the resources across a large number of small Linux images.

Or was that just a nice dream?

Be gentle; I am just learning how to spell IFL ;-)

Thanks!!