Peter Relson of z/OS Core Technology Design wrote:

> No (IBM-owned) system code uses CVTLINK or its DCB/DEB
> directly. When the system sees CVTLINK it "translates"
> CVTLINK into ASSBDLCB -> DLCBDCB@ .
> Code stll running with the IPL-time LNKLST will of course
> access the original DEB when using the DLCBDCB@ path.
> .
> After a LNKLST UPDATE JOB(*) to a new LNKLST there won't be
> any such code (aside from the unpredictably dangerous window
> conditions).
>
> There could still be vendor or customer code that traverses
> the DCB/DEB path from CVTLINK. It is for this reason that we
> commit never to free the DCB/DEB of the IPL-time LNKLST.

I may misunderstand what you are saying... What is the correct way to load a
LNKLST module into a storage location of one's own choosing using ADDR= on
the LOAD macro? LOAD with ADDR= requires a non-zero DCB=, so I have been
using the CVTLINK DCB, but I'm presumably missing updates. I want the same
behavious I would get with a LOAD without DCB=, which I understand would the
LNKLST current when my job started. (Why, in passing, does ADDR= require
DCB= on LOAD?)

Tony H.