My client has instructed me to modify some modules so that they run above the line. This was a no brainer until I ran across a call to module BQKDPRS in several of the modules. This is an old (1970's) hashing routine for encrypting and decrypting a pin number. Naturally the client only has the object code and, since it is so old, it can only run below the line. So my questions are:

1. Is there another routine that does the same thing as BQKDPRS but can run above the line?

2. If there isn't, will specifying DATA(31) for the compile options of the Cobol programs calling BQKDPRS and Binder options of Amode(31), Rmode(Any) be enough to satisfy my client's requirements?

Thanks.

Steve Wiegand