Somethings, like the SMS classes are stored in BOTH the catalog and VVDS. I don't recall if the GDG flag is among them (I'm at home now, no references)
now that I am at the office, I verified that there is an attribute byte that is both in the catalog and the NVR (if it is SMS) for GDGs. It contains H for active generation, N for deferred roll-in, and M for rolled off.
--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR