I have a assembler program that can be added as the last step of the JOB
which will send you an email (via SMTP) with the step return codes (and
abend codes if applicable) and the start, end and soem other additional
information.

I also have a facility that I wrote, that will do this same thing without
the need for any extra steps in the JOB, it's in beta testing right now,
and we will sell it for $2,500 per site license when it's ready.

Brian