I searched through the archives and could not find a good answer to this
question.

We have a need for z/OS programs (batch jobs) to access flat files that are
on some distributed Unix boxes.

1. Can we use NFS for this (i.e., setup the files on Unix as NFS mount
points)?

2. If yes, can someone point me to some documentation examples for using
z/OS as an NFS client (all of the IBM examples I found are for accessing NFS
mounts on the mainframe, not the other way around)?

Alan Brown
Senior z/OS Consultant
Princeton Softech
111 Campus Drive