In a recent note, Alan Brown said:

> Date:         Thu, 18 Jan 2007 11:39:53 -0500
>
> I searched through the archives and could not find a good answer to this
> question.

MVS-OE might be a better list.

> We have a need for z/OS programs (batch jobs) to access flat files that are
> on some distributed Unix boxes.
>
> 1. Can we use NFS for this (i.e., setup the files on Unix as NFS mount
> points)?

Yes.  And the mount map can be configured for ASCII <--> EBCDIC
And the files can be allocated with DD statements and processed
by Classic programs.

> 2. If yes, can someone point me to some documentation examples for using
> z/OS as an NFS client (all of the IBM examples I found are for accessing NFS
> mounts on the mainframe, not the other way around)?

   Linkname: 3.2 "z/OS V1R7.0 Network File System Guide and Reference"

   Linkname: 3.2.1 Starting the z/OS NFS client

   Linkname: SHCMDDES.AUTOMOUNT.5 "z/OS V1R7.0 UNIX System Services
          Command Reference"

-- gil
--
StorageTek