The blocksize must be a multiple of the LRECL which is 340.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lizette Koehler [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 1:59 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CA-1 reblocking "gotchas"?

I took our current TMC which as allocated at 900 Cyls using 450Cyls from
unblocked to blocked.  I used the TMSXTEND function  - Very easy to use.

Now my TMC is 189 Cyls (still way to big). The block used was
BLKSIZE=8804 (the recommended size by CA)

The task was very easy if you follow the steps documented.  TMSXTEND is
a different format - but it will allow you to extend the TMC tape range
without a TAPE outage.